You may have noted that Apple generally launches update macOS each year. They suggest you to keep your device up to date. The upgrading of it plays a significant role. A new update always has better features on it. It also solves some fundamental issues as well. Go through this blog carefully for knowing about the method of updating the software on a Mac device.
Best ways for updating the software on Mac devices
Look for Mac compatibility
Always before beginning the updating process, prefer looking on the compatibility of the Mac device. If you are going to update your Mac device to any incompatible macOS, then you may face problems. For instance, the applications might stop working suddenly.
Prefer backing up every file
Never go for any upgrading work before backing up any of the data. The backup can be done by using Time Machine hard drive or third-party hard drive.
Look for space
Ensure that you have minimum 14.3GB storage space and 2GB of memory on your Mac device.
Check the Internet connection
Sometimes macOS update problems are faced by its users because the Internet connection might be slow or unstable. For avoiding these problems, ensure that your Internet connection is working correctly.
Go for downloading and installing macOS High Sierra
If you have completed the steps that have been mentioned above, then without getting worried you need to move further for downloading and installing process. The given below steps are a significant section of updating Software on a Mac so read these steps carefully. Note that App Store can do the downloading of macOS High Sierra.
- Firstly, go to the App Store from your home screen or by using Spotlight. If it is on browser display, then press the symbol Apple. It shall be present towards the left side at the top corner of the screen and choose App Store.
- Then, press on Update. It shall be on the toolbar of the App Store window.
- After that, give some time, and you may find Software Update.
- Firstly, press the Update option for downloading macOS High Sierra.
- After the installing work gets over, press on Continue and next do according to the instructions on display.
- It can be possible that you might be asked for putting the admin username and password.
Hope you have been able to upgrade your OS and are happy after using macOS High Sierra on your computer.
Tim Cross is from Ohio USA. Before he started writing blogs he went through various occupations such as teaching, programming and travelling. But his favorite job is writing blogs for antivirus technology for McAfee.com/Activate. Which he started in 2005
Source : Update Software On Your Mac